This candidate’s primary role is to assist in the accomplishment of the bank’s objectives, by executing Internal Audit assignments to assess and evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls towards risk mitigation, by providing management with value added recommendations for continuous improvement of its operations.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Ensure that operational, information technology, financial and compliance audits are performed according to the yearly audit plans and in accordance with international standards;
- Review the systems established to ensure compliance with the policies, procedures, laws and regulations that have a significant impact on the bank’s operations;
- Conduct special investigations or review new projects to ensure that efficient and effective controls are incorporated;
- Draft reports of findings and propose recommendations for improvement on the identified control weaknesses;
- Adhere to the Internal Audit Charter.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy or equivalent or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA);
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an audit function;
- General knowledge of bank products, services and operations;
- Good human relations, communication skills and ability to exercise good judgement;
- Excellent language skills: English and Dutch both written and verbal. Oral knowledge of Papiamentu;
- No 8 to 5 mentality;
- The Internal Auditor will service the offices Bonaire, St. Maarten and Aruba as well.
Selected candidate will receive an attractive compensation and benefit package. You are invited to email your application and resume no later than December 24, 2021.
Please address your application to:
Human Resources Department, Ms. N. Vonsee.
Your application will be handled with the utmost confidentiality.